The Modular Instrumentation Traffic Analysis Point (TAP) Recorder (MITR) is a high-bandwidth, high-capacity IRIG 106 Chapter 10 data recorder/publisher with a TAP Interface Module (TIM) & multiple tera-bytes of high-speed removable storage. MITR is suitable for a wide range of data recording requirements in harsh & demanding environments.
TIM’s provide protocol independent optical full duplex transceivers. Applications include GigE, Fibre Channel, InfiniBand, or any specific communication application. Input channels are recorded/published & mirrored outputs provide full active TAP configurations.
MITR also contains a Layer 2/3 Managed Carrier Ethernet Switch with (4) external interfaces, GPS receiver & IRIG Time Code Generator. A hardware based IEEE-1588v2 time engine with multiple Grand Master, Master, Slave & Transparent clocks is also provided.
The (4) external Ethernet interfaces can be used for IRIG 106 Chapter 10 data stream publishing, RMM download or as a fully capable Layer 2/3 Managed Switch. Switch ports can also be recorded or used as a NAS/file server interface to one or more of the RMM drives.
- Over 1.2G bytes per second sustained record rate
- Up to 12TB of RMM storage capacity
- Simultaneous publishing up to 4Gbps from recording channels to (4) Ethernet switch ports
- Encoded PCM output for CH10 UDP telemetering transmission
- Optical XCVR’s have main & AUX power capability (on when recorder is off w/ AUX)